Dreams

seriously, I have that dream fairly often. First time any of ya’ll were ion it though. That’s pretty funny that you live in zippoland. I’ve always wondered what that part of the dream is about.

I’ve always had very very vivid dreams. I could talk about them forever.

fascinating correlation you two have there.

i’m interested in what YOU think that dream means, sounds pretty powerful. dragons are powerful presences, regardless of any ‘intrinsic’ meaning they hint at the potential of the vertebrate, unbridled energy, many other obvious archetypes.

That you have friends on your quest means that somewhere you are psychologically forming your party.

The zippo thing is pretty fascinating…

Tony

awesome, over the past 2 years my dreams have become the greatest influence on my emotional healing, spiritual growth and self-awareness. i think that the only person person who can interpret dreams is the one who does the dreaming. though i have taken a lot of what i’ve learned about dreamwork from authors, poets, shamans(?), psychologists etc. dreams are the little messages we get from our subconcious telling us about ourselves. whether or not they can be clairvoyant or gateways into other realms is, as of yet, out of my grasp.
so glad this was brought up. i’ll go through my dream journal and see if there are any worth sharing.

1 Like

Ok, last night I had my 3rd dream about kidnapping this week.

All different kids each time (1st & 2nd were boys, 3rd was a boy & a girl). All young (5-9 range). All were victims (or potential victims) of people that they knew at least a little bit.

In the 1st dream, I was able to prevent it; in the 2nd one, it happened long before I arrived “on the scene” and was just trying to help resolve things (unsuccessfully); in the 3rd one, again, it happened before I arrived “on the scene” and managed to find the kids, but when the dream ended I had the sense that it wasn’t really “complete”.

I’m fairly certain literal interpretations are right out, as I don’t know any kids (or parents!) that are even remotely in this kind of situation. And nothing symbolic or metaphorical or whatever jumps out at me either. Any ideas…?

I had a crazy dream last night involving tribes, magic, and domestication:

I was part of a gyspy-like band and we had just moved to a nice, new, DRY camping spot on a beach with a rock overhang and plenty of standing dead wood. My job was to collect the firewood so I started breaking dead striped maples and throwing them down to the fire ring. Some guy down below said, “only pick dry wood” and I said, “it IS dry!”

I continued to pick wood for awhile but one time I turned around and there was none left at all. A creepy troll guy on the end of the platform i was standing on told me to go away. I turned back to the fire and now my tribe was made partly of weird creatures like you would find in the hobbit or the labyrinth. They were all men (the weird ones). Four of them were gathered around the fire hogging it and being boisterous and I was picking up very bad vibes, drunken agressive male vibes. I told my family (not sure if they were my children or my friends or my friend’s children) that we should go back to last night’s spot to camp.

Most of them were already playing up on top of the cliff and I scrambled up the ladder. It came up into a fancy but run down old house where a bunch of people were seating around a dining room hanging out. I went off looking for the children and discovered another elaborately laid dining room table. When i opened the roll basket to peek inside there were the children (12 of them) inside like little cabbage patch dolls! The troll creatures had transformed them by magic and they were going to have a feast on them, and unwittingly the rest of the tribe would eat them too. I had to save them. But no one knew the children were missing because the trolls thought far enough ahead to create duplicates who looked and played like real children.

I asked frantically around the first dining room for a magician. A woman told me to find “owl man.” I said I didn’t know who owl man was, so she said, “well did you ask Katie?” ( a real life friend). Of course Katie! I knew where she was too. Katie was not so much into the tribe and was out on a rooftop with a few other people watching the sunset, learning lessons about nature from this witch type guy, and probably smoking pot. Time was running out. Everyone was gathering in the dining room for the feast. They began to say grace. I didn’t know how I was going to crawl out the window to find Katie without being noticed, and of course all sorts of evil people were out to stop me from my quest. You never knew who might be in on the secret, but most didn’t know yet that I knew and thefore they wouldn’t stop me unless I acted like something was wrong.

Luckily part of the grace involved an old tradition of opening the windows , so that part was done. Then I claimed sickness. I said i felt nauseous. I might vomit. I needed air. Once my head was out the window i slipped quickly out before anyone could grab my ankle and began swinging on vines or wires from window to window around this tall old building until I came to the roof that Katie was on. She was alone. I started to babble to her frantically, panting , “The children. They’ve been shrunk. They are going to eat them. You have to help. It’s because of your hair. (Katie has white-blonde hair, in the dream this signified her inherent magical birthrite.) I know this sounds crazy, but you have to do it.”
Luckily Katie didn’t protest or question me. She seemed to know this day would come when she would have to come of age and accept her magic. She ran inside and I ran after her saying, “They told me to find owl man, and then said to ask you. I don’t know if you are supposed to find owl man, or if you are a replacement for owl man.” Katie knew what to do.

Back in the dining room they had not yet started eating. Entertainment and dancing were going on. Katie pulled out a bird puppet from her pocket and approached a man with an owl… Could this be owl man?..but now there were owls all over, like in harry potter. She flapped her bird puppet at him and he shook his head no. Next to the man stood a small girl playing with an owl puppet. Katie flapped her bird puppet at the girl and the owl puppet began magically to speak. It told her which way to go to find owl man and she took off.

Meanwhile, i felt a hand on my shoulder and was seized by a sinister looking man in a purple velvet suit with a black mustache. He was the magician who had turned to the children into bread rolls. He knew what i was up to, but he couldn’t show it in front of everyone or they would know something was wrong. He asked me to dance. I refused to dance with him and bit his hand. A chunk of flesh came off. i was not sure whether to be hardcore and swallow it or spit it out. Would I gain a bit of his power if I swallowed it or would I only gain his evil?. I decided to be on the safe side and spit it out. I attemped to kick him in the head but he held me at arms length and kept leaning backwards out of my way, matrix style. “Neat trick I’ve learned huh?” he taunted me. I continuted to stuggle. Everyone was watching now, but since he wasn’t attacking me back at all I looked like the crazy one. He continued…“You think your little friend’s going to save you. Well she’s going to be domesticated like the rest of us before long. As soon as she starts taking her birth control pills…”

Then I woke up.

Nuts huh!? So many archaic and symbolic elements. Trolls eat children and men in velvet suits and top hats are evil. Alcohol makes them even more so. The man didn’t trust a woman to be smart enough to get dry wood. The fact that there were exactly twelve children-- such a fairytale number. That it was up to the pot smoking (connotes rebellion) nature loving (pagan) loner to save the day. The owl man (has a white owl, practicioner of benevolent magic). That there exists a race of people (maybe everyone at one time long ago) who are magic by blood, but who have all but died out due to the influence of technology and civilization. The eating of the flesh denoting power both psychologically and physically. Synthetic birth control pills stilfing a woman’s inherent moon power…

I love it. What a beautiful dream. Fun to read!

That’s awesome.

…I dreamt I was killing zombies all night long. I found a cool trick; stab them very hard on the back of the neck with a shovel and it will decapitate them. I’m not sure how many zombies I decapitated last night, but I do know the dream ended when I was being chased by a werewolf.

this dream was 2 months ago…
i was riding my skateboard back in my hometown towards my old house. (i was once a total skaterat). i was about 5 blocks from home when this big ass camel step in the way and just stares at me. i’m scared of this thing so i go for a detour. i can hear the camel coming after me, its not gaining but its in pursuit. about 50 meters ahead the road is blocked by what appears to be a string of prayer flags stretching across the road at chest height. at this point i ask myself ‘why am i running frm this camel? it obviously has something to tell me.’ i think this was lucid dreaming on a small scale, something i’ve been working towards for awhile. so i stopped and turned around. the camel was right there with this huge, cheshire grin. odd looking, but totally friendly. i just stared at the camel for a bit then woke up and instantly thought, ’ damn, thats a powerful dream.’ and wrote it down.
the next day i looked up the camel totem. wow.
i brought it up to my therapist (been in therapy for two years since my brother committed suicide)
she pulled out her notes and found that i had told her about a camel in a dream early in our sessions, about a year and a half prior.
unreal.
i could go on but i should sleep and have some more dreams

[quote=“jhereg, post:19, topic:101”]Ok, last night I had my 3rd dream about kidnapping this week.

All different kids each time (1st & 2nd were boys, 3rd was a boy & a girl). All young (5-9 range). All were victims (or potential victims) of people that they knew at least a little bit.

In the 1st dream, I was able to prevent it; in the 2nd one, it happened long before I arrived “on the scene” and was just trying to help resolve things (unsuccessfully); in the 3rd one, again, it happened before I arrived “on the scene” and managed to find the kids, but when the dream ended I had the sense that it wasn’t really “complete”.

I’m fairly certain literal interpretations are right out, as I don’t know any kids (or parents!) that are even remotely in this kind of situation. And nothing symbolic or metaphorical or whatever jumps out at me either. Any ideas…?[/quote]

jhereg, if it’s not directly about kidnapping, then i would think that maybe it’s about loss. loss of something highly precious. and since the kidnappers weren’t strangers, then maybe whatever you or someone close to you might be losing will be taken by someone in their life.

just my thoughts.

Hmm, that’s worth some thought…

jhereg,
if this was my dream i’d ask myself a few questions after i wrote it down:
what have i lost recently?
more importantly, am i hanging on to something, someone, some behaviour that may be unhealthy for me right now?
where is this urgency coming from?
but its your dream, do with it what you will but i would strongly recommend writing it down and even continuing it or starting it from an earlier point. active imagination, its fun

I dreamed that Urban Scout died! Actually I was at a tracker type school or camp and a bunch of people had died. I don’t know why. I think the deaths were unrelated and just happened to occur within a short time period. I think Scout was hit by a car. I was attending to the burial procedure of two older guys and it was really creeping me out. Then I went down a hill and Scout’s body had been cooked for everyone to eat. My mom was eating him but was not concerned at all. She might as well have been eating a sandwich. I was pretty disgusted and struck by grief at the same time, but i wanted Scout’s wishbone to keep as a momento and for its magical powers, of course. (People don’t have wishbones, but nevermind that). The only way for me to get to the wishbone was to tear apart the meat with my teeth, so I did. It tasted just like chicken. It tasted better than chicken. I hardly even eat meat in real life but this was some good stuff. Still I was too sad to really eat it.

Now, that’s some ironic shit: Urban Scout - Eater of Roadkill - became the roadkill that got eaten.

I’m glad you got to keep the wishbone. I wonder if his carcass would end up in the roadkill graveyard where you could collect his skull later.

Now, that's some ironic shit: Urban Scout - Eater of Roadkill - became the roadkill that got eaten.

ROFLMAO!! ;D

I fucking hate cars. I ride my bike everywhere and they are constantly fucking with me. Why do cars hate bike riders so fucking much? Maybe it’s because we sail by them stuck in traffic. Haha. Stupid cars!

Penny,

Glad I tasted like chicken, better than chicken even, rather than ass. Were you happy when you woke up?

When I woke up I suppose I was happy in that it was an interesting dream and I went over it in my mind right away so I could remember it to tell you guys. Then I fell back asleep.

I think anybody who gets to taste some finger-lickin’ Urban Scout would wake up happy.

I haven’t been on the forum for 5 days but I’m still dreaming about you guys:

I had a dream two nights ago that Rory was in. We were in high school together and everyday before or after lunch we skipped class and held our own recess. Rory was a few grades ahead of me and I was sleeping with one of his friends. That’s why I got to hang out and have fun with the guys. On this particular day we were playing some sort of hula hoop kick ball. It was a hilarious good time.

Last night Willem was in my dream. We lived in Buffalo, NY near the lake and there was a great rope swing we were playing on with two younger boys. There was a river draining into the other side of the lake called the Tioga. Willem asked me if they still dumped chemicals into the “Ti-glow-a” river. I said I didn’t know but I would find out. One of the kids overheard and asked if it was bad to swim in the water. I replied, that I thought if you had fun it was okay because the good chemicals released in your brain by being happy and playing on the rope swing cancelled out the toxins you were exposed to.

I just looked it up and there really is a Tioga River in New York and it really is polluted with acid mine drainage, but it isn’t near Buffalo.

Alright, who is next?

Lol, that is pretty funny Penny. I do have a question though,

Was Unckie Urbs the one you were banging, and did I get my dreamed of 3way with ya’ll? It would be cool, even if it was in someone else’s dreams…

Emily…

What’s your secret? How the hell do you have these amazing vivid dreams every night??? I’m jelous!

That’s crazy about the Tioga river… what the fuck do you think it means?

What about the Buffalo aspect?

that’s awesome. talk about mind over matter. we wouldn’t need bioremediation if this were true. and urby could eat all the dioxin polluted raccoon fat he wants–as long as he enjoyed it.