WANTED a girlfriend to rewild with

yeah so im am sick and tired of trying to get normal “civ” girls into rewilding so i figure this is the best place to try. my relationships tend to get rocky when i start asking things like “hey babe you want to go see if there is any fresh roadkill on the highway?” or “why dont you just let your arm pit hair grow a while? might be sexy”.sure if i say i have a job and a car and pretend to be “normal” i could get a date but its getting old playing that role only to end up dissapointed. the catch is for right now i need to stay here in central coastal california so basicly i need to find someone who wants to go live at the beach. its a nice small town right on the beach. wanna start out chating see if we click. im 21 im hoping for someone close to my age .

Not exactly on the topic, but not exactly off of it:

What does armpit hair have to do with rewilding?

Also, could you take the time to introduce yourself on the Introductions thread? Thanks.

yeah i dont know was kinda joking about the arm pit hair thing. i did try to post a greeting but the damn thing logged out and so i just went out for a smoke. ill go give it another try. also i guess i was maybe hinting sort of to the naturality and freedom of rewilding like for example most civilized women shave their armpits so today its quite a statement for a woman to have armpit hair. but still i could careless about arm pit hair ingeneral. ::slight_smile: starting to think i should delete this post and crawl back in to my hole

Ha, don’t worry about it. All of our conversations prove (hopefully) to create a more complete discourse for us. And fun.

I was actually interested in the whole armpit hair thing, and we ended up having a good sub-conversation about it while talking about grooming. Coming at the idea from the position of a guy who shaves his pits, and observing ethnographic data of some primitive peoples’ practice of plucking lots of body hair, I think it makes an interesting subject.

That’s enough about this here, I guess. :slight_smile:

well so much for that

Armpit hair? If your talking about rewilding, I have yet to discover where the Schick disposable razor trees are growing… I had grandiose ideas about an old fasioned straight razor… till I discovered just how difficult it is to keep them sharp. Just get used to the idea of wiskers guys… there is a reason old mountian men had those beards… they didnt have much choice!

But I have recently learned of an old african trick… aparently they used to use quick passes with coal covered wood (about 2" diameter) from the fire to “singe” their beards… havn’t tried it, and almost too scared to!

1 Like

as dan pointed out, plucking of body hair has been done for a REALLY long time.

1 Like

I have to say that I have removed body hair with fire before, too.

Sure, I didn’t mean to, but you know… :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey!

Isn’t this thread supposed to be about finding a girlfriend who’s into rewilding? I’d love to find someone like that! I don’t give a crap if she’s hairy or not, just as long as we’re both on the same wavelength & we can get along with each other.

Unfortunately, I don’t know how much success you’ll have in the dating department by posting a “want ad” here. But I think this forum helps rewilders to create more friendships and community, bringing people together. So anything could happen! :wink:

Every guy wants a wild girl;-) But I share the same feelings, looking forward to find me a truly free girl, someone who won’t mind eating an ant or two!

wild girls are overrated.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I think our culture puts too much emphasis on romantic relationships at the expense of other types of relationship. I have a spouse, but I wish I had parents and grandparents. I wish my brother lived here.

1 Like

word

Totally. Also, this culture puts WAYY too many expectations and requirements on intimate relationships as well. People expect that one relationship to fulfill so many needs and roles, (romantic partner, sexual partner, best friend, financial partner, parent to the children, the one you share homemaking tasks with…) - essentially taking the place of the whole community (which no longer exists in modern life). I don’t see this as healthy, or even possible to achieve. No wonder half of all marriages end in divorce, domestic violence runs rampant (60% of all women will experience it in their life), spouses lose sexual interest in each other and cheat, and so many feel miserable in their relationships in general. Ugh. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Urban Scout, post:12, topic:1291”]wild girls are overrated.

:smiley: :smiley: :D[/quote]

HEY! :stuck_out_tongue:

au contraire, mon frere.

1 Like

Yeah we should totally have a dating section on here. I want me a wild man. Although as a woman I do have it easier because most civ boys are into or at least open to survival stuff.

2 Likes

Hello Ketahko,

i know there are quite some people who identify with rewilding in Finland as i have met some of them, also some rewilding camps & gatherings are being organized there where im sure you will find plenty people to get along with. wait a sec, im gonna see if i can find one for you…

…back…

If you have facebook check out this page http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=145409173380&ref=ts

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FinlandCaravan/

its a gathering in Finland (i think helsinki) i have the feeling its something of a hippie gathering and not all the way rewilding but im sure you can find more contacts and events there. It runs from 10th of july to 11th of august.

anyways there are relatively many finnish rewilding folks, try and find an event that will attract some of these folks and go from there!

take care

I think it depends on where you live, there are load of civ men who say they like being outside but are just saying that because they think its a masculine, racial or religious expression.

When I see men with beards drinking craft beer I definitely question if their emulating an idea of a masculinity they saw on a TV show.

My one experience with online dating was alot of men using the phrase “likes the outdoors” as a racially indicative interpretation of masculinity. I think theres a study on interpreting online dating key words somewhere, its slightly disturbing but basically you can put words into a dating site & see for youself how theyre actually interpreted with the resulting accounts.

Religious groups also tend to have some kind of outdoor activities or something for families & some times environmental non profits are an extension of that.

Thats totally cool but its important to have a key word like “rewilding” to express myself with but also to recognize like minded individuals when they have a website or festival (gathering), even passing conversation with a stranger, if someone talks to me with the word rewilding I can judge their credibility when they say they like being outside.

wild boys are over rated too

1 Like