Murderous Airlines

I’m pretty fucking pissed right now. I don’t know how well you all follow the news, but I’m guessing most of you have seen or read about the plane that had an emergency landing in the Hudson yesterday.

The television announcers are repeatedly saying that it was so fortunate that nobody died. Fuck that, and fuck them. At least two murders occurred. Not just accidental deaths, but murders! I think serious attention needs to be drawn to the fact that it is definitely, most assuredly murder. It is callous and uncaring murder for the sake of profits and convenience. Many, many cultures define murder as killing that has nothing to do with survival. The Hebrew translations of the Bible say as much. The deaths of these birds, which happens daily and in large numbers, serves to feed nobody, and you can sure as Hel bet that these murdering airline companies don’t work to preserve and better fowl habitats. No bellies are being filled with goose meat from these poor creatures tonight, while so many human people starve and eat poisonous filth. This the perfect example of the natural world being ground down in the machines of civilization, in this case quite literally.

Also:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

the newscaster i heard said that the cause of the crash was a bird that had “flown into the airplane jet”. he said it like the birds life was trivial, as if the bird were just some dumb “thing” that got in the way of the airplane.
it would be completely different if he had said that the airplane had sucked the flying bird up in it’s jet and ground it up, jamming it and thus causing the airplane to crash. saying that the bird hit the plane paints a different picture than the plane hit the bird.

not to say that i don’t feel for the passengers and crew, just that such subtle differences in a sentence can change it’s meaning entirely.

RIP feathered friend. :frowning:

^

(( ))
||
| |
| |
| |
(_____)
(candle) ^

I was pretty livid about the whole affair too, Dan. For the reasons you cited, as well as for the language used to describe it (as T.T. described). Just another foolish obstacle in the way of Our Glorious Flying Machine (literally and to cite the parable by Quinn). Makes me sick.

One thing ai forgot to mention - ai acually puked in my mouth when ai first read the cause of the engine failure. :-X

feels appropriate.

shit. i was trying to link to this photo.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/53674/the-colbert-report-mon-jan-19-2009?c=153:183

awright, i feel about to throw up. i just receive one of those “forwarded jokes” from my own brother about a guy driving 140 mph in his beemer on the autobahn, hitting a deer, then wondering where it went.

then they show a series of photos saying “this is how you pack a 150 lb deer into a BMW convertible.” then at the end of the bloody photos of the mangled deer–you don’t want to know–“seems pretty safe, nobody got hurt ;)”

smiley wink face not mine.

machines don’t give a fuck about mangling animals, just so you get there in a big goddamn hurry. i guess the people inside have become machines too.

that tops the one my mom sent me about oil drilling in the ANWR–“after all, it’s just a barren wasteland!”

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
the rage. the sadness. the disgust. i don’t know what.

Yeah I saw that one about ANWR being a wasteland on youtube, It fuckin pissed me off!